Emma Bridgewater Jubilee Cross stitch (updated 25.05.2012 and 05.06.2012)

Ok, so you know I said I was practicing my cross stitching ready to make that Emma Bridgewater pattern….

image

I finally bit the bullet, bought the threads (and some nice linen to sew it onto), and got on with it!

It started with something resembling Hieroglyphs….

image

Then once I started to add the other colours…

image

It started to come together!

image

Trumpets?

image

Trumpets!

image

A nice crown….

image

Come on! Now we’re cooking!

Next I added one lot of red..

image

Another red…

image

Then the other red…

image

Lots of changing of colours, and stitches here and there. But it’s coming along!

Then I did the numbers, one colour….

image

Then the other…

image

Then onto the little crowns in blue….

image

image

Then in red…

image

image

All in all there were 5 smaller crowns, 2 blue and 3 red. The red crowns were more difficult in some ways, as although the blues are very close in colour/shade, the reds are even more difficult to tell apart!

Then all the main detail was finished! Woo!

image

Just a case of doing the border and assembling it into a cushion! You know….. I think I might actually make the deadline!

25.05.2012: Border is done!

image

update 05.06.2012: I finally assembled it into a cushion, and just in time for the Jubilee! Hurrah!

image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: