I printed out the template and enlarged it to make the templates for cutting out:
I cut out one of the large templates on the fold of main fabric, contrast fabric, and two of wadding for each potholder (I made two to make a set), and two of main and two of contrast fabric, of the smaller template.
The pieces were then layered up, small pieces together, and large pieces with contrast, wadding, and then main fabric:
I quilted the main pieces together, partly so that they would line up nicely when I stitched the top and bottom sections together, but also for a bit of pretty!
The smaller pieces I zigzagged together, then bound the straight edge with bias binding:
Put these on top of the main pieces, then stitch around the edges to bind together:
Edge in bias binding, with an extra bit as a loop for hanging:
I really liked the way they turned out, so also made some for my Mum, Mother M, and my brother’s girlfriend, along with matching aprons!
Definitely a pattern I would recommend! Not difficult, reasonably quick to put together, and doesn’t involve large amount of material, so you can easily make both the apron, and potholders out of a yard/metre of fabric, or the potholders out of (fairly small) scraps!